CAF 2012: Countdown
Gary Gill, the Capital Audiofest organizer, tells me that he’s got over 40 demo rooms that will be stuffed with audio goodies and goodness for us lucky audiophiles that happen in the Greater DC Metro area.
This is the third year for Gary and the CAF, and each year, the show has gotten bigger, more interesting, and more varied. I’m psyched to see this show finding such a reception in the show-circuit — it’s gonna be a good time. Given how crappy and hot the weather in the DC area has been lately, a hotel chock full of hot-rodded hi-fi is the perfect excuse to stay inside and enjoy some air conditioning.
Show times are 10am – 6pm Friday and Saturday, and 10am – 5pm on Sunday. Don’t forget the raffle — each night at closing, at the registration desk, Gary is giving something away. Be there or let someone else walk off with all your cool shit.
Live music? Oh yes! Here’s the schedule:
Friday, after hours (7:00PM – 10:00PM), in the hotel atrium:
- Act One: Sky Lukewalker Lucky 13 Quartet – Jazz based improvisational music not for the weak of heart!
- Act Two: Cuneiform Label Recording artists – Janel and Anthony – Cuneiform Records
Saturday, after hours (7:00PM – 10:00PM), in the hotel atrium:
- Act One: 33 1/3 – DC areas Improvisational/Experimental Jazz based Trio w Bass, Drums and Trombone.
- Act Two: Cuneiform Label Recording artists – Janel and Anthony
Sunday, 2:00 – 4:00, in the hotel atrium:
- Lost Civilizations experimental music project
Last but not least, I might have mentioned that I picked up a sponsor for the show? Yes! Steven Rochlin will be running my overview coverage on his Enjoy The Music site! How cool is that?!? He’s very graciously allowed me to also provide the more detailed room reports here at Part-Time Audiophile, but the first thing to hit will be his show report. So, keep an eye out for that!