Time is running out to start 2018 with a brand-new DAC/headphone amp, courtesy of AudioQuest and Part-Time Audiophile. So, put down that eggnog and enter our Best of 2017 contest now, before the clock hits midnight.
In a few weeks, the editors and writers at PTA will publish a list of their top gear of the year. We recently asked you, our astute readers, to weigh in with your choices as well, sweetening the offer with a chance to win an AudioQuest DragonFly Red. We’ve had a good response so far, but we’re wondering how high we can stack this holiday plate. If you haven’t entered, do it before 11:59 pm CST Saturday, Dec. 16.
To enter, leave a comment with your pick of the ONE best component of 2017 on this specific post, either on the PTA website or PTA’s Facebook page, or on the original post announcing the contest. Your selection should be a piece of gear introduced this year. A sentence or two (no essays) explaining your choice would be great, too.
We’ll tally up the responses and announce the results, along with the staff picks. We’ll also have a random drawing to give away the AQ DragonFly Red USB DAC/headphone amp (a $199 USD retail value). Here’s the 411 on what the winner will receive:
- USB stick-sized digital-to-analog converter
- Plays all music files: MP3 to high-res
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and most Android mobile devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter or Made for Android/OTG adaptor)
- Drives headphones directly
- Fixed output feeds preamp or AV receiver
- Asynchronous transfer ensures digital timing integrity
- High output (2.1 volts) drives almost all headphones, including power-hungry models
- 32-bit ESS 9016 DAC with minimum-phase filter
- Bit-perfect digital volume control
To be eligible, we must be able to notify you through your comment ID or via Facebook. Only comments with a single pick will qualify. No multiple entries.
Read the official rules and submit your pick by the deadline stated above. With a little luck, you might be getting an extra gift a few weeks after the Man in Red visits.