Vandersteen Audio has plenty of us hyped for CES 2018 this year in Las Vegas. Just last year at the LA Audio Show (article here) our own John Stancavage was enchanted by Vandersteen’s well regarded M7-HPA (High-Pass Amplifier) monoblocks ($57,200 pr USD).
Richard Vandersteen now brings the essence of that design and technology down to more real world friendly prices with the CES 2018 debut of his pre-production M5-HPA.
From Press Release (below)
Vandersteen Audio shook up the audio world with its liquid-cooled M7-HPA monoblocks, a radical advance in power amplifier design and loudspeaker performance that is Stereophile Class-A rated as a true reference. Vandersteen is doing it again at CES 2018 in Las Vegas, where you can get the first look and listen at a pre-production pair of the upcoming M5-HPA (High-Pass Amplifier) monoblocks!
Vandersteen for years has employed high-pass filtering with powered subwoofers for the ultimate in powered-bass performance. When paired with a Vandersteen powered-bass speaker like the Quatro Wood CT the M5-HPA forms a complete powered-bass speaker system in which the amplification is perfectly optimized over the entire frequency range.
- Zero-Feedback Solid-State Design With Dual Single-Ended Circuits Connected By The Speaker Load
- All Signal Transistors N-Channel Bipolars
- No Emitter Resistors
- Minimal Circuit Path- Only 5 Parts In Signal Path Per Phase
- 10 Separate Power Supplies
- Adjustable High-Pass Filter (20Hz, 40Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz)
- 300-Watts Into 4 Ohms / 150-Watts Into 8 Ohms
- Made In The USA