Right on the heels of our two-part review of the Razz loudspeaker, Volti Audio founder and owner Greg Roberts releases a new wood finish unlike anything we’ve ever seen in high-end audio. The process is called Fractal Wood Burning, and it’s been a growing trend with custom woodworkers over the last few years. The process is time consuming, but the results can be downright stunning.
Fractal Burning is tedious, and in the hands of amateurs it can be dangerous, as seen in this video.
More about the Volti Audio Razz and the “Lightning” finish can be found in the press release below.
Press Release Below
“Lichtenberg Figuring” or “Fractal Burning” as it has become known, is a technique that uses high-voltage electrical currents to ‘burn’ dazzling tree-like figures into the wood finish of our speakers.
The resulting figures are 3D in nature, burned down into the wood veneer of the cabinets, and then sprayed with a clear lacquer finish, creating a very interesting, and unique cabinet finish.
Volti Audio can apply this technique to any of our speaker models and with any veneer finish.
What you see here is a unique pair of Volti Audio Razz speakers veneered with maple veneer and then Fractal Burned. This pair is currently available for purchase.
Complete information about the Volti Audio Razz speaker can be found at https://www.voltiaudio.com/lightningrazz
The Razz shares the same sound signature as all of our speakers:
- Effortless power delivery
- Wide dynamic range
- Finely resolved articulate mid-range
- Immersive, room-filling sound
- Pinpoint imaging and wide soundstage
- Sings-with-one-voice driver integration
- Full-range bandwidth
- Tight, deep bass
- Accurate tone and timbre
Details and Specifications
- 12” high-power and high-sensitivity woofer – bass reflex configuration, ported
- Large midrange horn with a 2” throat and a shallow wide-dispersion design
- High quality 2” outlet midrange compression driver with a composite diaphragm
- High quality neodymium horn tweeter
- Custom made crossovers featuring high quality components, all hand-wired
- Bi-wire at the input terminals
- Sensitivity: 97db
- Recommended amplifier power: 8wpc (min.), 80wpc continuous (max.)
- Bandwidth: 35Hz – 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 6ohm (connect to 8ohm taps)
- Dimensions: 40” tall, 15” wide and 12” deep
- Weight: 90 lbs. each