The TIDAL Audio Contros has arrived!
What is a digital controller?
The new TIDAL Audio Contros is the combination of core technologies from three separate TIDAL Audio products. Firstly, the Camira digital-to-analog converter, the Arkas streamer, and the Prisma preamplifier. Whoa nelly!
The Prisma preamplifier alone, won our highly coveted and rare Summit Award back in late 2020. You can read Dave McNair’s review of the TIDAL Audio Prisma here.
Why combine all of these into one product?
The genesis of the Contros begins with the TIDAL for Bugatti project. Namely the MC-1 controller, where lessons learned thus advanced the product thinking of what was possible at TIDAL Audio’s level of ultimate reference sound.
How do I use a digital controller?
The TIDAL Audio Contros digital control itself needs to be powered, connected to ethernet for streaming capabilities, then connected to a stereo amplifier or pair of mono-blocks. That’s it. Well, and speakers too at the end of the chain. But there you have it: digital controller, to amp(s), then to speakers. Marvelously simple. But don’t you dare call it a lifestyle product. It’s still an ultra-high-end TIDAL Masterpiece component by every conceivable system of measure.
More about details and features can be found in the press release below. Enjoy!
TIDAL Audio Launches New Digital Source
Hürth, Germany, June, 17th, 2022 – Effective Immediately, TIDAL-Audio GmbH is proud to announce the TIDAL Contros, a new digital controller.
The TIDAL Contros is designed to be the perfect digital music content controller for TIDAL high-end systems. This is the first TIDAL masterpiece directly benefiting from the ultra-exclusive TIDAL for Bugatti project and its MC-1 controller as basically a synergy-scaled version. The TIDAL Contros combines core technologies from the Camira, Arkas and Prisma within one cabinet. All it needs is power, ethernet, then connection to a power amp and it is ready to perform at TIDAL reference level, to simplify the listeners experience without compromising it.
- TIDAL Contros: level controlled digital-to-music converter with streaming unit and 4 digital inputs
- Pure discrete designed 32-bit non-oversampling 8xR2R ladder DAC without pre-ringing and post-ringing proprietary and ASRT² Analog Signal Remediation Technology
- Lossless volume control: the signal output level is directly adjusted inside the ladder DAC
- Metal remote control
- Every function-module in the TIDAL Contros has its own voltage supply, separated for each channel
- 3 x SPDIF in: coaxial RCA, AES XLR, optical
- 1 x proprietary TIDAL-link input interface with high-speed low voltage differential signal driver/receiver
- Fully discrete Class-A output amplifier, balanced and unbalanced output
- Music data streaming input: LAN ethernet (1000 BASE-T), USB storage/hard disk (single partition FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, EXT2/3) • multi clock system for utmost precision in timing, MQA decoding, DSD over PCM support
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension, gapless playback
- Supported formats: DSF (DSD), DFF (DSD), DoP (DSD), FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, MQA, MP3, AAC (M4A)
- Native support for Tidal music streaming, Qobuz music streaming, MQA, Apple AirPlay, TuneIn internet radio, Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect music streaming
- Dimensions: 44cm x 13cm x 39cm / 17.3″ x 5.1″ x 15.3″ (width x height x length)
- Weight: 36 lbs. / 16,6 kg
- US price: $60.000 USD
More info and photos: www.tidal-audio.com/contros
About TIDAL Audio:
Established in 1999, by Jörn Janczak, TIDAL-Audio GmbH has but one goal – to build the finest audio systems in the world defined as unique masterpieces with timeless sophisticated design and benchmark performance to reproduce music no less than lifelike. Jörn Janczak leads a flagship team of fellow expert engineers, designers, craftsmen, and production staff to assure every detail, every single part, and every step involved in making a TIDAL masterpiece exists free from the bounds of cost optimization and budgetary limitations. TIDAL masterpieces are known worldwide for meticulous attention to detail, sound quality, and design excellence, culminating 2021 into an exclusive multi-year partnership with Bugatti.
Contact: Jörn Janczak
TIDAL Audio GmbH
Immendorfer Str.1 H
Phone: + 49 (2233) 966 9225