A new high-end audio show emerges!
Audio Advice Live 2022 (website) is a three-day audio show event, beginning on Friday, August 19th, 2022 and ending on Sunday, August 21st, 2022. The show runs from 8am-6pm both Friday and Saturday, and from 8am-4pm on Sunday. The show will feature over sixty brands from around the world positioned throughout the hotel (like a normal audio show), including a dedicated head-fi (high-end headphones) exhibit hall.
Reporting by Eric Franklin Shook
Rounding out the event schedule are several panel discussions featuring some of the biggest names in high-end audio, including our pals: Michael Fremer of Tracking Angle, David Solomon of Qobuz, Jeff Coates of McIntosh Labs, Will Kline of Sonus Faber, and last but not least Leon Shaw—the founder of Audio Advice (website), along with many more speakers listed here.
Audio Advice Live 2022 – Show Location
Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
421 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27601 +1 919-834-9900
Raleigh-Durham International Airport
Distance From Hotel: 15 Miles
Talking with Scott Newnam, Audio Advice CEO
I had a chance to speak with Audio Advice CEO, Scott Newnam about the upcoming Audio Advice LIVE 2022 audio show, and dig deeper into the genesis of the event.
As some of you might remember, Audio Advice was founded by Leon Shaw back in 1977, and one of the first dealers in the US to go high-end. Being a leader in the industry, soon followed the first ever Music Matters concept, an after hours event hosted by Audio Advice in the store location. This was a successful format for showcasing audio products, and introducing the public to key personnel at the brand level. But soon the exhibitor list grew too large with the addition of Audio Advice Online sales and even more, a growing number of customers from around the country who’d like to attend. I personally can attest, the Music Matters events at Audio Advice’s retail locations in Raleigh, NC and Charlotte, NC were always packed to the gills, and lots of fun. But crowded nonetheless.
With the folding of Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, the braintrust at Audio Advice devised a plan to take over the world and bring a real international audio show to the true epicenter of the east coast. Creating an international audio show is no small feat, but the team at Audio Advice has been working diligently to bring about what promises to be another industry leading event, an audio show like no other. From entry-level to mack-daddy two-channel systems, several high-end home theater experiences, audiophile headphones and personal hi-fi solutions, all done with a real vested interest in the success of the brands on exhibit. When was the last time you went to an audio show helmed by people with actual skin in the game? Exactly.
Audio Advice Live is wide open to any hi-fi brand that wishes to exhibit. Going well beyond just the brands carried under the Audio Advice umbrella, the Audio Advice Live event is hoping to become a source for exposure and sales across the industry. We at Part-Time Audiophile are excited to support and report from the Audio Advice Live 2022 event this year, and are further expecting the show to not only grow its offerings between now and its inaugural run. We expect to be talking about the Audio Advice Live show as one of the major players on the audio show calendar in following years.
Registration and floor plans for exhibiting at Audio Advice Live 2022 can be found here: https://live.audioadvice.com/exhibit/exhibit-spaces/
Do check out some of the highlights of the upcoming show below. Enjoy!
Audio Advice LIVE – Brands & Products
- Over 60 of the world’s top home theater & home audio brands with suite-after-suite of immersive demo rooms
- KEF will be bringing their flagship Blade Meta One Speakers & will partner with Epson to feature a full home theater setup, as well as two 2-channel setups
- Bowers & Wilkins will partner with Sony in an immersive home theater demo & will also have a 2-channel setup featuring the new 800 Diamond series speakers — all of which need to be heard to be believed! If you have not experienced this new series, which was years in the making, you will be in for a treat! They’ll also display their iconic Nautilus speaker in one of their new Formula 1 colors, which is a true sight to see.
- MoFi Distribution will offer the US debut of several brand new components featured in a 2-channel audio system approaching $500,000. This system will feature the Piega Master Line Source Loudspeakers, which are one of the physically largest speakers we have ever seen, the BAT REX 500 mono amps with the REX3 preamp, an exotic new rack from Finite Elemente, and Isotek power conditioners.
- MartinLogan will show off their legendary Neolith Speaker System as well as a Statement 40XW home theater system. This 7 foot tall, 40 driver home theater speaker is something you must hear!
- Sony, JVC, & Epson will demo several of their brand new projectors in fully immersive home theater setups. We will also have a massive reference home theater demo room featuring the Sony GTZ380, RBH reference speakers, & Trinnov Audio
- McIntosh will be set up in several rooms and will demo a 70 driver McIntosh XRT 1.1K speaker system paired up with a huge stack of McIntosh gear including their massive 1.25KW mono blocks and C2700 tube preamp.
- Sonos rarely exhibits at shows but will be at Audio Advice Live. Experience their latest flagship products & home theater offerings with a 5.1 home theater setup.
- Focal Naim: Experience the Focal Naim 10th Anniversary Edition consisting of Focal Sopra N°2 loudspeakers featuring a concrete finish on the side panels and a tin-coloured front panel. A range of Naim electronics powers the loudspeakers: the NDX 2 music streaming device, combined with the NAC 282 and NAP 250 DR pre-amplifiers, all complemented by HiCap and NAPSC power supplies.
- Qobuz will have a heavy presence at the show as the official streaming partner
- US Debuts from Piega, HiFi Rose, Mark Levinson, SVS, Klipsch, and more!
- Explore a dedicated Headphone Experience room featuring top-of-the-line headphones from Audeze, Focal, Mark Levinson, Sony walkmans, a complete gaming setup, & more!
Along with tons of giveaways and exclusive show deals.
Audio Advice Live 2022 – Panel Session Speakers
The Audio Advice Live 2022 event will feature a large number of industry insiders, serving as panel session speakers throughout the weekend. A complete list of those speakers can be found here.
- Michael Fremer – The Absolute Sound
- Erin Hardison – Erin’s Audio Corner
- Chris Connaker – Audiophile Style / Computer Audiophile
- Cody Ford – Home Theater Hobbyist
- Panel Sessions w/committed speakers can be found on the Audio Advice Live schedule page
There will be giveaways in every panel session.
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
Audio Advice Announces Premier
High Performance Audio and Home Theater Event
Audio Advice Live will bring together the world’s top audio and home theater brands,industry experts, and audio enthusiasts in person
RALEIGH, NC — JULY 26, 2022 – Audio Advice (website), a specialty consumer electronics retailer and e-commerce site, is announcing its inaugural high performance audio and home theater event, Audio Advice Live (website). Being held in downtown Raleigh, NC August 19-21, 2022, Audio Advice Live will bring together high-performance audio enthusiasts and top industry influencers to see and hear the world’s top audio and home theater brands — including McIntosh, Sony, JBL, Bowers & Wilkins, JVC, Klipsch, and many more.
Audio Advice Live will include 60+ brands, dynamic panel sessions, and a full exhibit hall showcasing the latest in audio gear. This three-day event provides a unique platform for attendees to meet face-to-face with the industry’s top experts and brands and immerse themselves in music and video like never before.
“Audio Advice Live is intended to give consumers an opportunity to experience a massively diverse set of home audio and home theater products all in one location. In addition to high-performance audio products, what differentiates this show is the additional focus on home theaters. Consumers can come see the best home theater projectors, screens and speakers and talk to the world’s leading experts all in one weekend,” said Scott Newnam, CEO of Audio Advice. “We’ve intentionally located the event in the Raleigh downtown Sheraton where it is surrounded by incredible nightlife and concerts, making this a great weekend event for any audio or home theater enthusiast.”
What to Expect at Audio Advice Live
- Experience New Gear: The Audio and Home Theater Experience Rooms have been built to bring attendees an opportunity to demo the best in high performance audio and video, systems and components from the world’s most prestigious audio manufacturers including Sony, JVC, McIntosh, Sonus Faber, Bowers & Wilkins, JBL Synthesis, SVS, KEF, Klipsch, Revel, Paradigm, Anthem, and many more.The Exhibit Hall will display a vast array of audio gear including turntables, headphones, portables, cables, and accessories. Top manufacturers exhibiting this year will include Pro-Ject, Audio-Technica, Chord Electronics, MoFi Electronics, Rega, Audeze, PSB, and more.
- Learn from Industry Pros: Gain expert advice from DIY tips to full calibration deep dives – Audio Advice Live will also include a series of panel discussions with some of the most sought-after industry experts.
—The Latest Home Audio & Video Trends
—What To Look For In Your Next Projector
—Getting The Best Sound From Your Room
—Hear Here! Top Features to Look for in Your Next Speaker Purchase or Upgrade
—The State of Streaming Audio
- Get Inspired: Audio Advice Live will be hosted in Raleigh, NC — a fast-growing, culturally diverse modern city with a rich music scene — Roger Waters, Ziggy Marley, and Kevin Hart will be performing in Raleigh that weekend — which makes for a full schedule of available events for attendees.
Audio Advice Live offers one and three-day pass options for attendees and is open to the public. All show registration passes grant access to the Experience Rooms and Exhibit Hall, as well as live panel discussions and special events.
To register for the event or learn more information, visit https://live.audioadvice.com/
About Audio Advice
Audio Advice is a 44-year-old specialty audio/video retailer that offers both design and installation services, as well as sales and support. AudioAdvice.com is the fastest-growing consumer electronics eCommerce site in the United States, with two world-class showrooms in Raleigh and Charlotte, North Carolina. The company has driven growth by sharing an extensive library of resources on popular entertainment and home technology products including reviews, tutorials, and design ideas to educate consumers about audio, video and home theaters. Audio Advice’s patent-pending Home Theater Designer offers everyone from consumers to installers an easy-to-use software tool to properly plan and visualize any entertainment room.