As you know, we’re big fans over here of Justin Weber and his company, ampsandsound.
Lately, little birds have been tweeting about a new flagship amplifier. Well, turns out the noisy little turkeys are right — the rumors are true — and AXPONA 2023 will debut the ARCH, a new KT88/150 monoblock for $50,000/pair.
Here are some details from the press release.
Taking inspiration from the high power low distortion approach of Stu Hegman’s Citation II amplifier, the amplifier achieves astonishingly low distortion of 0.01% at 1W and at full power achieves a distortion figure of 0.06%. The input stage uses a triple 12BY7 configuration per channel, with selectable bias for a pair of KT88 or KT150 output tubes.
Specifications for the new amp
- Speaker Outputs of 4 ohms, 8 ohms, and 16 ohms
- RCA and Transformer-coupled XLR Inputs
- Noise at idle ~ 2mv or less.
- Output power with KT-88s ~65watts
- Output power with KT-150s ~85watts
- Output Tube Compatibility: 6550, KT88, KT120, KT150
- Size: 14″ x 14″ x 18″
- Weight: 850 lbs, per amplifier
For more information, check the website!
Their website says they weigh around 100lbs each
850 lbs per amp – weighty beasts aren’t they 🙂
They are probably heavier. Pretty sure the press release said “kilograms”.