New Nordost QBASE Mark III
The world of Nordost has updated its award-winning QBASE distribution unit — now at Mark III.
For those of you just tuning in, QBASE is a passive unit with noise filtering and a “star-earth topology” that complements their grounding systems — like those we reviewed here back in 2020. This new platform is available in four-outlet (QB4) and eight-outlet (QB8) versions, and is orderable with US-NEMA, EUR-Schuko, or AUS outlets.
It’s chonky. It’s sexy. It’s effective.
The new QBASE has several upgrades they’re calling out:
- Redesigned dual PC-board configuration
- Increased separation of all ground connections from the line and neutral traces
- Minimized interference/crosstalk between live/neutral and ground currents
- Enhanced trace sizes to maximize current flow
- Revised resistance “sink” to add protection and effectively damp eddy currents
- QB8: $2,299.99 USD for the IEC C-14 (15/10Amp) model and $2,599.99 USD for the IEC C-20 (20/16Amp) model
- QB4: $1,399.99 USD for the IEC C-14 (15/10Amp) model
The Nordost QBASE Mark III system will be on display at AXPONA, in room “Schaumburg F”. Demos will be running on the regular, so do drop in for one of those. Regular show-goers will know from first-hand experience that these demos are worth the time — most especially if you’ve been puzzled about “why wire matters”. The time is well spent, even if it’ll mess with your head.
You can find more details over at the Nordost QBASE Mark III web page, here.
1 Trackback / Pingback