Mohammed remembers cleaning his first LP at age 9, as he dubbed his father’s record collection to audio cassettes, and some of the L.A.S.T cleaning products he used 30 years ago are still the ones he uses today.
Mohammed searches the globe for foodie finds and used record stores. Although a vinyl collector and lover, he believes that the future is digital and is always seeking out formats and hardware to produce digital playback that can engage.
He is also a fan of trying anything in the audio industry, and you will find all kinds of weird tweaks in his listening room. “It doesn’t matter if you can’t explain it, as long as you can hear it.”
He enjoys sharing his music passion with his wife and 2 children. Each of whom has their own music collection.
When not listening to music, Mohammed works as a general manager at a very large software company working on user experience design.
About the system
The core objective of my audio system is to provide a music experience that transports not just me, but my family and friends back to that salient moment when the music was recorded. The system must re-create music, but at the same time is easy to use and reliable. Finally, it needs to be functional and live in our living room where it’s a shared space. Our living room is imperfect and was not designed to be a dedicated man cave. The speakers and analog sources are in the living room, but all other gear is stored in a Server Rack in an adjacent room. The Server rack adds the requirement that everything must be controlled reliably (RS232 preferred) and be of reasonable size (less then 19inch width) as well as run cool in a confined cabinet. Success is returning home to find your family listening & dancing to whatever music they fancy.
- Wilson Audio Alexia Speakers on Stillpoints Ultra 5 feet & optional Stillpoints ultra base
- KEF LS50 Speakers
- AMG Viella 12 Turntable on a custom HRS M3X base for the AMG Turntable
- Audio Research Ref Phono 3 pre-amp on Stillpoints Ultra mini feet & HRS M3X base
Digital set up
- Stereo -> dCS Debussy DAC / dCS Network Bridge (in review) / modified SONOS Connect
- Multi-Channel -> Emotiva XMC-1 Surround Processor (used for HDMI with XBOX One S, Dish Sat TV, Oppo BDP-105)
- Portable – > AudioQuest USB DragonFly Red + AudioQuest Jitterbug
- Pass Labs XP-30 pre-amp on a HRS M3X base
- Dan D’Agostino Momentum Stereo Amp on HRS Vortex Feet & HRS M3X base
- Pass Labs Xs preamp (in review)
- Pass Labs INT-250 integrated amp (in review)
- Transparent Reference XL Gen 5 interconnects and speaker cable
- Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 7 interconnects
- Wireworld Starlight Cat8 Ethernet Cables (in review)
- Wireworld Starlight USB 3.0 cable
- AudioQuest Carbon USB cable
- AudioQuest WEL Signature Power cables on all components
- AudioQuest WEL Signature LP tonearm cable
- AudioQuest Prototype Power Cable on Niagara 7000