Vinnie Rossi, the man behind the critically-acclaimed, and popular LIO system has been working tirelessly the last several months on research & development, design, and manufacture of a brand new “statement level” preamplifier and mono block power amplifier.
Vinnie Rossi: I am excited to announce that two new statement products in the works and coming soon: The L2 Preamplifier, and L2 Mono block Amplifiers.The L2 Monoblocks
* Vinnie Rossi’s new flagship, Class AB MOSFET design topology
* Super high bandwidth, flat frequency response from 20Hz – over 250kHz
* Power Output: Approx. 75W RMS into 8-ohm, 140W RMS into 4-ohm (2-ohm stable)
* Over 100,000uF of low ESR power supply rail capacitance
* Custom-wound, 500VA toroidal power supply transformer
* WBT NextGen Binding Posts, Neutrik RCA and XLR input jacks, 0.5” thick solid aluminum chassis
* 12V Trigger input
* Dimensions: Approx. 5.5″ wide x 14″ deep x 5″ tallThe L2 Signature Monoblocks are by far my finest sounding amplifiers to date. I am aiming to begin production late May 2018, andthey will be priced at $14,995 USD/pair.
VR: At AXPONA, I’ll be showing a “pre-production prototype” pair of the L2 Signature Mono blocks driven by the LIO DHT Preamplifier with DAC 2.0 module.Unfortunately, the L2 Signature Preamplifier prototype will not be ready in time for AXPONA. I do have some preliminary information to share about it:The L2 Signature Preamplifier will be a Class A, Directly Heated Triode preamplifier (‘convertible’ tube design, as we implement with LIO’s DHT PRE), but an entirely new design from the ground up. For starters, one switch on the rear panel will set the filament voltage for both tubes (for rolling 2A3/45’s, 300B, PX4, 101-D/205-D, 811’s), as well as internal switches to allow the listener to completely bypass the tubestage and use a Class A JFET stage in its place, as well as to change gain settings of the preamplifier stage. It will have true balanced inputs / outputs, as well as single-ended inputs/outputs, and dual 12V trigger outputs (to turn on the L2 Monoblocks at the same time from the L2 Preamp’s front panel or remote handset). The tubes will have attractive mesh covers around them to keep hum to a minimum (no matter what accepted tube is used). Even the power supply is an entirely new design – all linear with numerous Belleson super-regulators used for each and every stage, as well as dual internal toroidal transformers.I anticipate beginning production sometime this summer, priced at $14,995 USD.There will also be two (and only two) optional modules for the L2 Preamplifier: The L2 DAC (based on our LIO DAC 2.0 module), and an all new L2 Phonostage (which will be compatible with LIO as a significant upgrade to our current LIO Phonostage 1.0).For both the L2 components, one can except both the sound quality and build quality/aesthetics to surpass everything that we’ve done in the past. These are both statement components designed from the ground up to compete with more costly competition.