NEW YORK, NY (PTA) — Mytek Audio begins a new chapter of product development with their latest flagship Empire-series products, starting with the all new Empire DAC/Streamer/Preamplifier. The Empire series is a completely new platform from Mytek, that will see more products fall under its umbrella of design schemes. Including a companion set of Empire Monoblock Amplifiers that are scheduled to be released in quarter two of 2021. Further details on the mono-block amplifiers are yet to be announced. Details about the new Empire streamer are enclosed below. Enjoy!
Press Release Enclosed
Mytek Audio introduces the Empire DAC/Streamer/Preamplifier
The flagship of the new “Empire” Series
Mytek Audio proudly introduces the EMPIRE DAC/Streamer/Preamplifier; An “all out” assault on the state-of the-art, the EMPIRE establishes Mytek as a top echelon player in the high-performance audio arena. The Streamer is “Powered by RoonOS” and features internal Roon Core that can drive both the ultra-high performance EMPIRE DAC and external Roon endpoints. There is a dual mono fully balanced differential analog preamplifier with an ultra quiet phono stage for both MC and MM cartridges. Going one step further, a high current, dual mono, fully balanced headphone amplifier is part of this extraordinary package.
The heart and soul of this state-of-the-art component is the new on-board Empire DAC which represents the highest performance and most musically engaging Mytek DAC ever. Built around two ultra-high performance ESS 9038PRO Sabre DAC chipsets, this dual mono fully balanced circuit is capable of 32-bit/768kHz PCM, DSD512 and MQA while achieving dynamic range greater than 133dB. Both the DAC and Preamplifier functions are controlled by a brand new MytekOS Platform, offering new functionality via easy software upgrades that will gradually be released in the future as the Platform progresses.
Mytek Digital enters the “cost no object” digital arena
The EMPIRE streamer is a new product category which combines state-of-the-art analog design with modern digital, wifi and an internet ready control platform in one colossal sounding, easy to use fully functional device. It’s draws from nearly 3 decades of award winning digital audio engineering and manufacturing experience coupled with future visionary software driven products. This represents the very finest one box solution for both music lovers and audiophiles, all housed in a one chassis milled from a single block of aircraft grade aluminum. Furthermore, as a result of both itsmodular hardware design and software based platform, the EMPIRE Streamer can be easily described as “future proof”. The EMPIRE Series will be expanded upon with an addition of similarly constructed EMPIRE Monoblock Amplifiers planned for 2021.
EMPIRE DAC/Streamer/Preamplifier Significant Design Features:
- “Roon OS Powered” Streamer built in. Operated either via a front panel touchscreen or Roon Remote on a smart device. All regular Roon functionality with access to online streaming services and local content. The ability to play to all endpoints.
- Cost no object dual mono fully balanced audio path for both DAC and analog circuitry. Three oversized linear power supplies for digital circuitry, left and right DAC/analog circuitry; Each uses a shielded low noise toroidal transformer with automatic adjustment for AC input voltage (100-240VAC).
- 7 analog preamplifier inputs, including a state-of-the-art MM/MC nickel transformer based phono stage, 2 balanced analog preamplifier inputs each input with adjustable input sensitivity and 2 independently selectable outputs – XLR and RCA.
- Digital DAC inputs includes: Streamer, SPDIF, AES/EBU, Optical, USB2, HDMI (2-channel), all PCM DSD and MQA capable.
- Digital Streamer outputs: SPDIF, USB2, HDMI (2 – 8 channel), Ethernet and WiFi.
- Internal Storage: 8TB SSD. Accepts all external USB3, USBC and Network drives.
- Built in MytekOS DAC/Preamplifier Platform allows for future functional upgrades and new DSP features for theDAC/Preamplifier to be released throughout product lifecycle.
There will be 3 stages of development and functionality:
- Upon shipping: Firmware V1.0: Fully functional Roon OS Streamer with complete DAC output playback, volume control.
- Q2, 2021: Firmware V2.0, as above plus full preamplifier functionality (enables functionality of already
built in hardware)
- Q4, 2021: Firmware V3.0, as above plus “a la carte” hi-res DSP features. Details TBA
- Chassis: Silver or Black, Dimensions: (w x h x d): 17″ x 3.5″ x 14” / Weight: 20 lbs.
- Companion Empire Monoblock Amplifiers (8.5” wide) to be released Q2, 2021. Details TBA
The first Empire Streamer units will be available in Dec. 2020 with shipping in quantities by Feb. 2021 MSRP of $19,995.00 in U.S. or € 19,995.00 (VAT incl) in E.U.